Welcome to Alexandre Bartel's Home Page!
I am a research associate in software engineering at the
University of Luxembourg in the
Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust's
Prior to that I was a postdoctoral fellow at the
Technical University of Darmstadt
in the Secure Software Engineering group.
a Ph.D in 2014 from the University of Luxembourg,
Before that, I received a M.S. from KTH,
a B.S. from INPG.
Broadly speaking my research is in the area of software engineering and computer security. The general idea is to study existing software layers from a security point of view and design efficient algorithms to verify security properties. My current research focuses on system security and on the analysis of permission-based software stacks such as Android.
The complete list of publications is available here.
• Li Li, Tagawendé Bissyandé, Mike Papadakis, Siegfried Rasthofer, Alexandre Bartel, Damien Octeau, Jacques Klein, Yves Le Traon: Static Analysis of Android Apps: A Systematic Literature Review , in Information and Software Technology (IST), 2017 [bib]
• Philipp Holzinger, Stefan Triller, Alexandre Bartel, Eric Bodden: An In-Depth Study of More Than Ten Years of Java Exploitation , in ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), Vienna, Austria, 2016 [bib]
• Andreas Follner, Alexandre Bartel, Hui Peng, Yu-Chen Chang, Kyriakos Ispoglou, Mathias Payer, Eric Bodden: PSHAPE: Automatically Combining Gadgets for Arbitrary Method Execution , in Security and Trust Management Workshop (STM@ESORICS), Heraklion, Greece, 2016 [bib]
• Li Li, Daoyuan Li, Alexandre Bartel, Tagawendé Bissyandé, Jacques Klein, Yves Le Traon: Towards a Generic Framework for Automating Extensive Analysis of Android Applications , in ACM SIGAPP Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC), Pisa, Italy, 2016 [bib]
• Andreas Follner, Alexandre Bartel, Eric Bodden: Analyzing the Gadgets - Towards a Metric to Measure Gadget Quality , in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Engineering Secure Software and Systems (ESSoS), London, UK, 2016 [bib]