Welcome to Alexandre Bartel's Home Page!
I am a researcher in Software Engineering at the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany /
European Center for Security and Privacy by Design (EC-SPRIDE) /
Center for Advanced Security Research Darmstadt (CASED).
I earned a B.S. degree in Computer Engineering from INPG-
Esisar (France) in 2006,
a M.S. from INPG-Esisar (France) and from KTH (Sweden) in 2010
and a Ph.D. from the University of Luxembourg in 2014 where
I was working in the Interdisciplinary Security and Trust Centre / Serval Team.
My current research focuses on analyzing permission-based software and bytecode monitoring for in-vivo smartphone security.
See this contact page.
Latest Publications (see all)
• Philipp Holzinger, Stefan Triller, Alexandre Bartel, Eric Bodden: An In-Depth Study of More Than Ten Years of Java Exploitation, in ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), Vienna, Austria, 2016 [bib] [pdf] [www]
• Andreas Follner, Alexandre Bartel, Hui Peng, Yu-Chen Chang, Kyriakos Ispoglou, Mathias Payer, Eric Bodden: PSHAPE: Automatically Combining Gadgets for Arbitrary Method Execution, in Security and Trust Management Workshop (STM@ESORICS), Heraklion, Greece, 2016 [bib] [pdf] [www]
• Li Li, Daoyuan Li, Alexandre Bartel, Tagawendé Bissyandé, Jacques Klein, Yves Le Traon: Towards a Generic Framework for Automating Extensive Analysis of Android Applications, in ACM SIGAPP Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC), Pisa, Italy, 2016 [bib] [pdf]
• Andreas Follner, Alexandre Bartel, Eric Bodden: Analyzing the Gadgets - Towards a Metric to Measure Gadget Quality, in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Engineering Secure Software and Systems (ESSoS), London, UK, 2016 [bib] [pdf]
• Damien Octeau, Somesh Jha, Matthew Dering, Patrick McDaniel, Alexandre Bartel, Li Li, Jacques Klein, Yves Le Traon: Combining static analysis with probabilistic models to enable market-scale Android inter-component analysis, in ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL), New-York, USA, 2016 [bib]